Friday, October 03, 2014

Leanna's Wedding


Leanna (the bride) and me

Friday?  Who gets married on a Friday?  My friend/makeup artist Leanna did and it was a good thing I double checked the invite.  I initially read it wrong and thought it was Saturday (which was when the post wedding brunch took place).  Luckily I looked at the invite again and saw the Friday date.

The hard part was getting off work.  Taking the day off when you're a department of one doesn't just cut into your wallet, in order to leave work; as a responsible worker; I had to find someone to cover me.  I didn't prove an easy task as there are not a lot of 24 frame playback operators out there that are familiar with the set I work on.  It came down to a handful of people, less than a handful.  One was just starting a vacation and wouldn't be in town, another was on another show and the third was missing in action.  Eventually I managed to find the third and as luck would have it he wasn't working; but more importantly he was available to work on my show.

The second problem was getting out to the barn that the wedding was taking place in.  The location was between Toronto and Kingston.  Since I don't have a car that would mean renting one.  As luck would have it Greg and Beth had the same idea about a car rental and offered me a lift.  I split the car expense with them.  It was a win win.


Beth and Greg


Sometime before the wedding Leanna asked if I could help out with some flashes for a photo booth.  I had a spare camera and some triggers so I set up a tiny studio looking toward the barn wall decorated with Christmas lights.  The camera was prefocused and the trigger made the set up easy to use.  Press a button and click your photo was being taken.  We managed to get a few hundred photos of people having fun dressing up and framing themselves.


Me and the wedding photographer


Beth and Jen


The table setting

Getting married in a barn.  That's what I heard.  It seemed weird.  I didn't see any photos of the location.  I thought there might be animals.  I thought well that ought to make for some nice photos.  When I walked in I was amazed.  It was a really nice venue...  and I'd still get some good photos.


Inside the barn


Greg parked next to the farm



The outside of the barn


Leanna and Daniel achievement level:  Married



Greg and Beth


The first dance


Showing how to move sparklers while keeping face in focus



The Wedding conga line

The wedding ended up being a lot of fun. Greg, Beth and I stayed until about 10pm. We took down the photo booth, packed up the costumes and frames and drove back to Toronto. I got home around midnight and realized I still had a weekend... yay!

No comments: