Friday, November 02, 2007

Photo Showcase at Brownies


Amanda and Mel

It seems like I'm spending a lot of time going back and forth to Hamilton these days. I was invited to see Melanie's photo work at a restaurant called Brownies. It also allowed me to meet up with Marybeth to settle the van bill from the Jersey trip.

Melanie Gillis, Photographer. Specializes in portrait photography in the studio, at least what I could tell from her exhibit, and does a pretty good job of it. Tastefully photographed nudes with nice contrast and grey scale range in her black and white photography. Nice composition, nice posing, nice lighting. These were the things that went through my mind while scrutinizing her images.

It also made me think that I miss doing studio work and I should make more of an effort to shoot more in the future. Maybe even invest in more lighting. Ah, the truth comes out. Buying camera equipment is always fun. Anything for that matter. Especially if you can justify using it for work as well as fun.


Top floor of Brownies


Marybeth!


Suzy aka Peter Kris (from Kiss night)

No comments: