Sunday, September 28, 2008

Birthday shenanigans


Wow, even the facebook team wishes me Happy Birthday!!! What's the catch?

While doing some actual work on my taxes I got a phone call from Juliet. "Did you get Dominic's email?". "Email? What email?". "Don't you read your email? Dominic sent you email regarding dinner tonight". "Oh really for what time?". "5:30."

Holy cow! 5:30! Not only would dinner, even if it was my birthday, impede any progress doing the fun taxes but I just ate at 3:00. It was now 3:30. Dinner was only two hours away. Aggh. The thought of having organized dinner was too nice to pass up so like a trooper I went out to eat food. I know, you're thinking "What? Derek eating food? No way" (Note the dripping sarcasm).


Dominic poses with Juliet unaware I'm taking a photo.

We ended up at Rol San, the same place I sometimes go for dim sum. The food was great and I stuffed myself to the point a person pushing a wheel barrel would be proud of. It took four hours out of my tax time but it was a great outing.

Later on, with the cat sleeping behind me, the door bell rang. It was 11:40pm. At first I thought it might be Chris or Kyoko. Even an image of some weird stalker Avon lady came to mind as I walked down the stairs. Turned out to be Darryl and he had a cake. Wow!


Darryl with the cake


Me with the cake

The cake was from Metro, the new name for the old Dominion grocery store. It was moist and pretty good for a manufactured cake. We ended up eating three quarters of it leaving the last forth for Chris and Kyoko.


The half eaten cake.

No comments: