Tuesday, February 28, 2012

All you can eat chili


Vegetarian Chili

Every now and again my friend Al has an all you can eat chili night where the money for the $5 chili goes to some charity organization. While I've been meaning to go to one of these events at Sadie's Diner I've always been busy, at work or some other scheduled thing, and I've never made it out.

You may think that chili should have meat in it to be good. As the token omnivore, as Sadie's Diner is vegetarian, I have to say that chili to be good does not have to have meat. It just has to be good. Al's chili is just that. It's good, as indicated by my five helpings of the stuff. If you're ever in the neighbourhood while a chili night is happening at Sadie's diner, I highly recommend you check it out.


Al Ridley with a bowl of delicious chili


Sadie's Diner workers


Tonight the donations go to the Toronto Vegetarian Association


The appreciative TVA representative with all the donations




Sadie's Diner T-shirt


Yummy nachos with the chili


Some of the happy chili eaters

No comments: