Thursday, January 14, 2016

Waiting for sunrise


Early morning in Earlscourt Park

A few days ago I got the drone up and running. Having odd sleep hours I was up before sunrise, way before sunrise.  I woke at 03:00, sunrise being around 07:50.  This is not something new if you've been reading this blog, I've been keeping really non-standard hours when I've not working.

The day I got the drone out I left the apartment too early in the morning, flew around just before the light broke over the horizon.  As the temperature has been cold these last few days, battery life was pretty low which made flying time really short.  I actually missed flying when the sun was coming up because all three batteries were spent by that point.

The sunrise was spectacular!..  and I didn't capture it.  So the next few days I woke up early went out at the proper calculated time and went to shoot.  But like most things that happen outside, nature doesn't always play along.  Clouds, and lots of them.  I managed to get some really nice dark blue clouds at the expense of freezing my hands and fingers for a few minutes but no sunrise photos.

It wasn't until today and the forth try that the sun started to peak out from behind the clouds just enough to give me an orange sky.  (see picture above),  I'll take it.

No comments: