Monday, April 11, 2005

Science Can Be Fun


Ashley Wolstat - Woman of Science!

Sunday. The ending of the crazy week that had been draining the energy out of me couldn't have come at a better time. What a better way to end the weekend than to have my first model shoot. I booked a small studio, a make-up artist and a model all on saturday for a sunday shoot.

I was really exhausted from the previous week but everything just seemed to come together on friday. I bumped into Amanda who had studio space, I met Mandy Zackowski, a peppy make up artist on friday at the fashion show, and the model, Ashley, who I met on Tilt called me up to say she was available. I figured I'd take advantage of all this tired or not.

Armed with a bunch of test tubes from Active surplus, an old lab coat from past halloween parties, some swiss army googles, some food coloring, and a bag of bagels I was ready to shoot. Yes bagels. This is BagelHot after all.


She's Bagel Hot!

So okay I'm trying to play down the burning mouth story and adding "Bagel Hot" as an adjective for describing beautiful, cute, sexy women. Take that Merriam-Webster! You heard the term used here first. The shoot went very smoothly and for the most part I am very happy with the results. But like anything it's amazing what you start nit picking once you look at it some more. If only the lights were turned that way, that pen wasn't in the shot, the eyes were more focused, the cropping was a little tighter and so on. The list really does go on for a while. I'll have to make note of these things and try to correct for them in the future.

6 comments:

Zee said...

I'm going to start calling you Hugh Hefner.

Wade Marshall said...

What's up w/ the renaissance at BagelHot? Two model shoots in a row? I miss the old days of visiting the job bank, and going out for stamps.

uncaringbear said...

6 out of 10 scientist chicks have lips that could plug a swimming pool drain. Oh baby - you melt my molecules!

Anonymous said...

hi there, where would it be possible to get ashley's e-mail?

BagelHot said...

As a general rule I do not give out model's emails. If you'd like you can email me and I can pass on the information to the model. It'll be up to the model to respond to you.

Anonymous said...

ahh it's okay, i respect the fact you keep their information confidential. I went to elementary school with her, i doubt she will remember who i am. She's really looks all grown up.. but she was always pretty, even in grade school. anyhoo, best of success with everything!