Sunday, May 18, 2008

Photography in the rain



Went to High Park today for a singles networky thing with the theme being nature photography. It was rainy but the ad for the event said "rain or shine". By the time I arrived at the meet up point I received a message on my cell phone saying that it was too windy and they were cancelling the event.

I ended up buying a mediocre burger from the Grenadier Cafe. Then looked around for others. Not seeing anyone else I went out and took photos since I was there anyway. If I had been beed prepared I could have gotten some amazing photos of the local robins poking their head into the ground for worms. Alas, I left my 70-200mm lens at home. Trying to shoot the bird with a 105mm scared them off as I had to get to close.

A photographer I met once a while back one said "If it's grey, shoot all day.". Nature photography is great with the grey skies. It's like a giant softbox in the sky. I took a bunch of water droplet photos to make use of the macro lens (micro lens if you're Nikon).
















Our friend the worm.

2 comments:

Rick Dolishny said...

Really awesome natural light stuff derek. Glad you stuck with the weather.

BagelHot said...

Thanks Rick.