Monday, June 02, 2008

Egads, the sun.


Agh... the sun.

I spent the night babysitting a computer that kept crashing. I think it's got something to do with the software accessing memory. The animation I'm working on is due today at 9am. I've been rendering the animation piece meal since 10pm. Basically rendering out individual frames until the machine crashes, rebooting, then rendering out more frames until the final frame gets spit out.

Whatever happened to letting machines just chug along until they were done?

While this is not my first all nighter. This is probably the first one in a long while that I've pulled because of a computer. On the bright side the sun coming in the room makes a nice warm photo even if I am half asleep.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds tough- time to upgrade.

~and

whoa- mad computer programmer hair.

best regards,
thomas

Emmanuel Lopez - Motivatorman said...

This is an amazing portrait of yourself Derek.