Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Library



There was not a lot going on today. I suppose it's from a combination of post holiday cheer and having nothing specific planned for the new year. To keep myself busy over the last few days I've been working on a program in C# that will extract data from a GPS device I have. 

Today I decided the best way to be productive was to leave the confines of my dark underground cave of an apartment and sit in a nice sunny building somewhere.  Options that came to mind were the local coffee shop and the local library.  Since I've been trying to save money and also trying to shed weight accumulated from the Christmas food bonanza the library seemed like the better choice of the two.  The coffee shop also has freshly baked custard tarts so that would have been a very bad choice as I could see myself getting half a dozen and not being able to leave without eating them all first.

The library seemed like a good idea at the time so I headed to the nearest location. As I've never been to this specific branch before I found the library kind of small but there was an open desk for me to set up and start programming. Which I did for about 15 minutes. Just when algorithms started oozing out my fingers into the iPad some kids ran in, sneezing, coughing, screaming.

So much for that productive idea. I packed my stuff and left faster than you could say "germ infestation".

No comments: