Friday, June 03, 2005

Gads! What day is it?

A robin shot (with a camera) while on a location scout.

This week has come and gone and I've realized that I've been busy working a whole lot. Just in case you find yourself in the same situation but aren't sure here are some helpful hints, much like a hammer to the head, that you've been putting in way too many hours at work.

1. You lose track of days.
2. You lose track of time altogether.
3. You have to calculate how much time is required for you to get enough sleep without falling asleep at work.
4. Friends call you to see what happened to you.
5. Refridgerator is empty.
6. Toilet paper supplies low.
7. Dirty laundry pile increasing in size (not at the normal rate for just being lazy).
8. Clutter builds in your apartment.
9. You find out you're missing life changing events (see Zee's blog).
10. Everyone at work knows you on a first name basis. It's only your second day and there's over fifty people at work.

This week I've been bouncing around working several jobs. On saturday when I got back from St. Catharines (around 10pm) I went to the set of Lucky10 where I performed the task of on set photographer. This lasted until about 8:30am. Tired I went home, slept, then woke up in time to go back and do a pick up shoot from 10pm until 1am.

Monday morning I did the on set visual effects thing at black creek pioneer village. It went from 10am to 9:30pm. Then back to the second set of Lucky10 where I shot more pictures from 11pm to 2am. I forgot my tripod so I had to go back to get it. Resulting in getting home about 4:30am. After about an hour of sleep, I woke up to get into Rocket Science to shoot a foot for the Terry Fox (TV movie) for 8am. Left at 11am to go home to get better sleep. woke up at 5pm to go to the black creek pioneer village to do the visual effects supervisor thing until 11pm.

By this point the days have been more normal. Getting up at 6:30am to be on set by 9am and finishing at 10:30pm to be home by midnight. I am so looking forward to the weekend.

1 comment:

Cupcake said...

When I left a message for you last Saturday and you messaged me that you'd call after you woke up, then Sunday rolled around and I still hadn't heard from you. William asked Sunday night, "Have you heard from Derek yet?", and I said "No, he's probably working." Monday came around and William asked, "Have you heard from Derek?" I again replied, "No, I'm sure he's working." Ta da!