Monday, September 04, 2006

Labour Day at the CNE


Short in size, big in spirit.

This was a weird day. I woke up and started calling around trying to get things prepped for fashion week. After about forty minutes of being awake I realized it was a holiday. There were people around to do stuff with unlike the other days where I might find myself sleeping in. Usually due to staying up at wee hours of the morning before shooting a club, party or product launch or a combination of the three.

Called up Kyoko who was going to the CNE to see the air show. It was 11am. The planes flying around would start at 1pm. We never did make the airshow but we did see the farm animals after stuffing ourselves with corn dogs, lemonade and those tiny donuts.


A cow lick. Does anyone else see the humor in this?


this cow looks crazy


Mmmm... corn dog.

I suppose one of the hilights of the day was winning the tiny panda bear at the whack-a-mole station. One play, one win and this time I wasn't playing against little kids. No father's kids looking up at me with tear filled eyes.

After getting the bear home it dawned on me "What am I going to do with this thing?". William's kid is still only a few months old and the tag on the bear recommends kids three and over. So if anyone out there in internet land wants a small stuffed panda let me know. I can mail it to you, drop it off.


The human cannonball waves

Perhaps I could unload it in one of those GPS spots where you exchange items (known as geocaching for those not in the know). It would give me an excuse to get a gps for my camera. Like I really need one of these.



Fred Spek plays at the exit.

4 comments:

theotherbear said...

So, I guess the only question then is... was everyone on time for your outing? *snicker*

Cupcake said...

Ooooh, BagelHot, what's with the phallic corn dog shot with Kyoko!? And the corn dog also has musturd smeared all over it — I won't go there! :-O
Oh my!

uncaringbear said...

Dude, mustard is NOT a lubricant.

Anonymous said...

Fortunately or unfortunately it is NOT a picture of me but of my sister, Michiho.