Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Last Day in London


A last look out my hotel window

I woke up today a bit late and stuck my head out the window. My air seemed a bit poorer in quality today. I found myself having problems breathing. Some kind of crud in the air. After packing my luggage and giving my extra bathroom tissue to the family in the next apartment I checked out of the hotel. The returning of the apartment key got me back my 10 pound deposit that I completely forgot about.

As it turns out my flight back was the same plane that Josie was taking back to Toronto. This was convenient. We would share a cab to the airport. While waiting in front of their hotel I noticed this buggy used for postal delivery.


A postal mail buggy

For some reason this red buggy fascinated me enough to whipp out the camera and take pictures. After a few shots the post man came out of nowhere and started to pose with the buggy.


The cheery mail man

When I asked him about his over abundance of cheer he mentioned that this building was the second last stop on his mail route before he got to go home. I thanked him for the picture and he went on his merry way.

The cab ride dropped us off at Andrew new hotel and then on to the airport. I had my 85mm lens and was shooting anything I could as we drove by. Perhaps as a last effort in capturing the London experience.


Some well dressed girl on the street

This fit, well dressed young woman was standing on the corner waiting for a light as we zoomed by.


"We are one"

I was wondering why this ad had london with the different colors. It wasn't until visiting Cupcake that the whole "We are one" theme poped out. Like d'uh. A momentary brain lapse I suppose.


Waiting inside the Heathrow airport

Once inside the Heathrow airport we relaxed in the waiting area while eating and waiting for our plane to arrive. If you're there I highly recommend the Caffe Italia located in the middle of the food area.


A web terminal

This web terminal is kind of a rip off as it's a pound for a few mintues. It seems like a lot of time but because of the difficulty with the keys and navigation it actually takes a lot longer to do everyday surfing. Plus the connection is slow and the terminal doesn't let you go to certain sites (like this bagelhot blog on blogspot for example).


A book dispensing machine

This was the last coin operated machine I saw before boarding the plane. I thought it was pretty cool even though there weren't any books in it that I would have been interested in. Not only that but I picked up a crossword puzzle book and the Nick Hornby novel "A Long Way Down" at the "Books etc." store near the food court.






The various airplane food given to us on our seven hour flight

The air canada flight left london at three pm and we arrived in Toronto at around four thirty pm Toronto time. Looking forward to the clean air I took a long breath outside the airport as soon as we got outside to get a cab. Unfortunately the air wasn't any better. All that airport pollution. It wasn't until I got home that the air seemed better.


Landed in Toronto

It felt good to be home again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So, did you take any pictures of your London trip?

hahaha