Monday, January 01, 2007

New Year's Day


Cheap Dim Sum is yum yum.

Woke up today exhausted, thinking about the girl. Had dreamt that I was emailed a letter with a URL to a self help e-book title and a small explanation of why we're not together. I can't remember the specifics, I just remembered that it depressed the crap out of me. Luckily I was transported out of the web surfing nightmare by my phone ringing and waking me up.

The helium balloon I managed to appropriate yesterday, or earlier this morning, had started to shrink, floating down toward the ground and was hovering at about eye level. It startled me. For some reason I thought it was the head of a person trying to wake me up. Did something happen at the new years party? Did I bring someone home? Did someone break in to my apartment? Was I even at home? Is it safe? Is... it... safe? Scenes from the Marathon man came to mind. Despite having a foggy brain a whole load of scenarios ran through my head in the minutes that it took to wake up. No animal's head on the bed. That was good. I obviously didn't get enough sleep.

Highlights today consisted of meeting up for dim sum with Marc (that was the person who called), bumping into my cousin Darcy who I haven't seen in years, and picking up my new TTC Metropass. Other than that New Year's day was pretty average and low key.

No comments: