Monday, March 12, 2007

The Boots, the Beach, the Blister


a large ice covered puddle

It's been awhile since I've taken pictures outside just for the sake of taking pictures outside. Mainly due to the cold weather and the slippery surfaces but also because of my Warcraft addiction. Yes, I'll admit that becoming a slug in front of the computer has it's rewards (like being a level 30 mage!! Take that you orcs and slime monsters!).

Before starting to feel those bed sores coming on, I decided to force myself to go out. A) to work in the new boots, B) to get away from the computer (and WarCraft), C) to get outside while the sun was out, D) get some exercise.


a tree surrounded with ice


I just liked the lines here


tree reflection


If you look closely you can actually see the squirrel in the tree taunting the dog


the thin layer of ice on the ground


the empty cold beach


A life guard station

In case you're reading this blog entry wondering where the blister was. I got one on the back of my foot breaking in the new boots. Nothing crazy ass big, just thought it sounded better in the blog title line to have three things that started with B.

9 comments:

theotherbear said...

This week here it's been getting down below 320C. Brr. Looks colder there.

theotherbear said...

Yes well I'd hope it would be below 320C. Or there would be a lovely aroma of roasting bodies.

I meant 20C!

BagelHot said...

See what happens when we screw around with the ozone layer?

phaedrav said...

Enough of outside. Don't shoot trees. Give us som WoW snapshots. Show us your victory poses over the bloody monster carnage.

Anonymous said...

Nice photo of the dog.

BagelHot said...

The dog, at the time, was being called by his walker. The walker didn't have much effect on the dog as did the squirrel. I think the dog spent about twenty minutes looking up at the trees chasing the squirrel on the ground and trying to leap into the air to get the squirrel.

Olivia Meiring said...

So I saw this amazing new hi-tech bagel lunchbox, and immediately thought of you :@)

BagelHot said...

hi Ms. Wakame! It's good to hear from you. That's a great idea for storing bagels! at least if the CD spindles are made with dishwasher safe plastic or you eat square bagels (photo session to be posted soon).

BagelHot said...

Whoops I meant round, not square bagels. Yes there are actual square bagels in existence.