Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Again, to the beach


A gull flies out in front of the camera becoming a blip in my time lapse sequence

They say the third time is the charm. Today I left the house earlier to get to the beach around 2:00pm. On top of that I was go to go with a meal of fish and chips, a lime pop, a travel cup of water, and an extra bottle of water.

I also brought a light stand, an extra towel, and a grip arm. Three things that came in handy as I used them to make a wall of shade next to the park table I dragged over from across the other side of the bike trail. I even cracked out my Psion 5 to type in notes (these last few blog entries) and had my Diva MP3 player to listen to music.

Even with the extra stuff, by around 5:00pm I was getting a bit bored just sitting there. My butt got sore and I found myself pacing around the camera talking on the cell phone. 6, 7, 8:00pm. The day seemed to crawl slowly as I waited for the sun to set. I had about five people during the day come over and ask what I was doing, had a few compliment the camera, and some others ask for photography tips.

By around 9:00 the sun has disappeared behind the tree line and I closed up shop to go home.

No comments: