Friday, September 24, 2010

Cleaning Pod City


The habitrail components get a wash

It seems that I'd been cleaning the hamster cage too much since I picked up Captain Hill. I figured I'd clean it out as soon as it started getting stinky. According to the hamster book you're not supposed to clean the cage for the first three weeks. Change the water, get rid of rotting fruit, but leave the bedding and original wood chips in.

I suppose this is so the hamster can get used to it's domain. It's bad enough that the hamster has to make the transition from being in the pet store with the other hamsters to this new place. I suppose if the place keeps getting cleaned, to the hamster it's like an invasion on it's turf.

So today weeks after, I did a whole cleansing. From the wheel to each pod and individual tube.

No comments: