Sunday, April 17, 2005

Silver Elvis!


Silver Elvis ( Peter Jarvis) entertains people as a dancing statue in front of the Eaton Centre.

On my way into work I had to go to the Eaton centre to pick up a bunch of photos I had printed. I noticed a semi-large group of people in front of the south entrance of the Eaton Centre. "Don't be cruel" music played out of a portable boom box and once the crowd of heads parted I noticed there was a Silver Elvis on a platform. Moving like a robot to the music Peter Jarvis looked like he was on a turn table. Kind of like moonwalking he rotated using his feet.

I've seen him before at various other locations last year I think I might even have a picture of him before the mirrored coat. I suppose with performers on the street it truly is spring time here in T.O.

For those of you that do not live in the area you can almost go out in shorts. No more snow (knock on wood).

No comments: