Sunday, April 25, 2010

We're going to do what they say can't be done...

Sunday. I don't remember much. I woke up to the sound of clicking keys. Diane was on the other side of the room sitting in the dark with only her face illuminated by the household computer monitor. One of Tush's dogs was lying on my feet. I couldn't tell which one. I was too tired.

As foggy as my brain was, I did manage to roll over enough to grab my camera though. While some people would automatically think I grabbed the camera to take photos of Diane (pictured below) I was actually seeing what time it was. I couldn't find my watch. I'd find it later on the floor (most likely where I put it the night before where I wouldn't lose it).


Diane checking the internet.

Diane, seeing that I was awake, suggested going for breakfast. The thought of breakfast in Montreal is pretty much the thought of any food in Montreal. "Where? When?" I suddenly became quite alert. Jumped out of bed (off the couch) and started getting ready to leave.

We managed to wake Kellie and despite her grogginess got her to join us. It's not like she had much of a choice, we were driving to breakfast with her car. Diane's choice for breakfast was Cora's. If you haven't been, I highly recommend it for early morning meals. You can get crepes, fruit, and eggy items that are quite tasty. They are known for the large amounts of fruit that show up on your plate.

From there it was off to the arena. Seven hours of photography went by. The Filles du Roi placed number one this year, followed by La Racaille, then the Contrabanditas and in forth place Toronto's Gore Gore Girls.

We didn't stay long, packed the car with all the gear, added Miss Carriage to our passenger list, got a fat sandwich at Santropol, then were on the highway to see if we could get back to Toronto and Hamilton to get enough sleep before the next day at work.

I arrived in Toronto at 1:55am. I woke up 4 hours and 5 minutes later to head out to work. Despite not really having enough time to spend with everyone there, it was good to see them live and in person. Facebook can only do so much. It was a great weekend.


"Think this is a derby vehicle?"


Cheese Grater (#298) the ex-steeltown tank girl plays against Hamilton's Death Row Dames


Beater Pan-tease's yellow umbrella


Steeltown Tank girls reunited!


Giving that "Go ahead and win" speech.


Tush and Trash block the Iron Wench


Read arm.


Bambi is thwarted again by Montreal


The douches are at it again,


This year's trophy.


Georgia W. Tush rides the inside line


Dust Bunny and Cheese Grater at the jam line


Who are these people? (it's Classic Joker and Anya Face)


Cool photographers wear cool merch and you can too (wickedskatewear.com)


Quadzilla jumps a bunch of people.


Iron Wench skates with Smack Daddy not too far behind.


The Rev takes photos of Jess Bandit


Derby Love


Filles du Roi win first place


The Montreal Roller Derby League


Just because you couldn't make the game doesn't mean you're not remembered.


Nicolas Charest, probably one of the best derby photographers in Canada


Waiting for food at Santrolpol


"Hey, there's cats running around."


The sandwich of awesomeness arrives in front of me.


The Santropol Patio


A woman who brought her bird to the restaurant... "Watch out for the cats."


Sun set during the ride back home.

No comments: