Saturday, December 09, 2006

Al's Diner


Owner Al, in front of the new diner.

After leaving a surprise birthday party, the girl and I visited Al's new diner. Located on Adelaide and Portland the Sadie's Diner had it's opening party tonight. The place was packed. Some recognizable faces, some new ones. We, the girl and I ended up sitting in a corner in the back facing faces in a rather large mirror while taking pictures. For those that haven't actualy tried taking apicture of yourself with a camera with no video display, it's quite the challenge. We must have tried taking at least 10 or 12 pictures, sorry let me rephrase that, it took me 10 or 12 to even the the camera centered on us without being part of the lens flare from the flash. The girl took two and managed to get us on the second try. hmmm.

A thing that I saw that I found pretty impressive was the wall o Pez dispensers. I suppose that would be a good reason to collect anything, it makes for good stuff to look at while in a restaurant or theme park. The Pez dispensers probably date back to the 70s, in Al's collection at least, they don't have the new fatter bases so they don't tip over as easily.


Leah with Al's family.

The girl was starting to fade due to an empty stomach, so after saying our good-byes we left the diner and ended up at a thai food place. Now that I think about it, it was kind of weird leaving one food place for another. I don't even remember if the diner was even serving food.

For more info you can check out the official myspace page
http://www.myspace.com/sadiesdiner

2 comments:

Cupcake said...

The URL for Sadie's Diner doesn't include the address. Where is this place located? Perhaps I would want to check out the place sometime in the near future.

Anonymous said...

504 Adelaide Street West
corner of Portland and Adelaide