Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The cat came back


Pumpkin flakes out on the chair behind me

Around 10:00pm, give or take half an hour, I was woken by my landlord calling my phone looking for her cat. I was pretty groggy and surprised that I fell asleep in front of the computer fiddling with some image software. 10pm? That's like 6 hours before I usually go to sleep.

Pumpkin (the cat) at times will sneak over to visit. I'll let him in to let him lounge around. This was not the case this time. I felt a bit of concern and not being able to get back to sleep anyway I ventured off to the local Shopper's Drug Mart to get some food.

On the way back to the apartment I was joined by the cat who heard me from the other side of the street. He came out from around Andrew and Isako's place. The jiggling of his tags gave him away as I'm sure the jiggling of my house keys alerted him.

I let the cat in where it slept for a few hours on the chair behind me (see photo). When I woke up the cat was gone. Apparently he woke up, pushed his way through my apartment door and went out with the new tenant.

No comments: