Thursday, September 25, 2008

Baddie and Goodie


Baddie and Goodie

Woke up this morning early. Early for me that is. It was 6:30am when I found myself wondering why I would agree to take on any job so early. The job wasn't that early. I had to wake up early to put together a camera package for the day's shoot. I wanted to sleep badly the night before that I convinced myself that waking up a few hours earlier would be so bad. I was wrong.

A make up artist by the name of Christine had an idea for a shoot involving special effects make up. The location was unclear, the last I heard it was going to be at a bus station. I told the person organizing the shoot that we would require permits to shoot on location (especially if it happened to be a bus terminal). That was two weeks ago. I had not heard a peep back since then, even after leaving a barrage of phone and email messages.

It was going to be one of those fly by the seat of your pants days. Nothing new really. Most of my gear was packed from the trip to Fort Wayne so that made it easy. It was just a matter of pulling out gear I didn't need and putting gear in that I would need.

The meeting location, at least, was consistent from the day we all decided to meet up. As for time, I was told to show up at 9:30 but figured I'd show up earlier just in case I had to take time to set up. I hate rushing things.

I arrived at 8:30am. About an hour early. The first model was in her finishing stages of make up application. I thought the make up would be more gore related, as when people talk about effects make up I tend to think gore, but I was pleasantly surprised to find an evil elf, an evil sci-fi elf?

Christine has just started working on the second model when I decided to throw up a black background. Since this was for her make up portfolio I figured some close up head shots couldn't hurt. Once I got those we could then, if time permitted, go outside to do some impromptu action shots.

The photo shoot like most photo shoots flew by and before we knew it, it was noon and time for the models to go. I forgot how much I like to shoot studio type lighting shoots. I'll have to make an effort to do more in the next few weeks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

From that sample, it was worth it. Whoo!