Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Grilled Cheese


Rye bread, Hollandia cheese, onion, and tomato

It's taken about two weeks for me to settle back in the Toronto apartment. Settle in equates to get rid of unknown stuff in refrigerator, replace with new food. I'm not sure why but I've had the idea of eating grilled cheese sandwiches implanted in my head.

I suppose that's why I went out and purchased some good cheese.

Grilled cheese sandwich

Ingredients
  • Rye bread
  • Hollandia cheese
  • Tomato
  • Onion

Directions
  • On a frying pan place one slice of rye bread.
  • Cut cheese into slices. Place slices of cheese onto bread on frying pan. Cover bread but leave space for cheese to melt without leaking off of bread slice (half a centimeter).
  • slice tomato. Place slices on cheese.
  • Dice the onion. Place onion on tomato.
  • Cover onion, tomato and cheese with another slice of rye bread.
  • Heat frying pan until cheese melts.

No comments: