Saturday, March 31, 2012

Lost my iPad today

Friday. It's the end of the week. I got off work 1:30 am saturday morning to be able to walk over to the bus stop 15 minutes away from work to take it over to Dufferin and Eglinton where there's a 24 hour subway sandwich place. I figured I'd grab a sandwich and then take a taxi home. Buses were running slow and there was a slight drizzle of rain.

With my camera bag, the subway sandwich bag, the drink and my iPad I entered the cab. Leaving the cab I left my iPad on the seat while making change for the driver. I realized this after I got home and wanted to watch the free episode of the Big Bang Theory. Crap. Also I thought I might have plopped it somewhere, it took me a while to figure out where I dropped my keys, but the email I wrote to some of the R.I.P.D. guys didn't get sent which it would have done once the iPad entered the Wi-Fi zone of the house.

I'm too tired to really be stressed out about this. I've changed my email passwords and other than that there's really nothing on my iPad that hasn't been backed up some where. Maybe my contacts?

Yes, it sucks. But it's not the first time I've lost something. I'm glad it's not my camera. Sure it was not cheap, all those US dollars, plus all the books and apps I bought for the thing. I'll wait to see if anyone attempts to return it over the weekend. My name is on the log in screen. With any luck the person finding it will be able to track me down.

Here's hoping.

No comments: