Friday, February 02, 2007

The Humbert Files Day Two


Humbert looks up for a kitty snack

I woke up at 5:30am today. I had crashed rather early last night and today I had a bunch of things to do on my plate. The first was to go over to Rick and Sabrina's to inject Humbert with his daily insulin dosage and retrieve the emptied garbage cans from the curb.

Because I got there at 7:30, the garbage cans were still full. The cats seemed awake and were awaiting food. Although it still freaks me out, that is stabbing a cat with a needle and injecting him with the life saving drug, Humbert makes it pretty easy as he seems to want to concentrate on eating as opposed to running away or scratching me.

Once the medical procedure was over I picked the cat up and dragged him over to the living room so the other cat could eat. The other cat is pretty skiddish and runs whenever I even come close to entering the same room. Humbert capitalizes on that, stays in the room, and eats the other cats food. My worry is that the owners wil come home to a fat tubbo of a cat and the other dead of starvation.

While sitting watching the non-satellite TV, I haven't figured out the controls for the satellite thingy yet, I noticed this fat grey cat sitting on the window sill looking in. Maybe I'm doing this cat pampering thing well after all. I'm attracting more customers.


"Can any cat come cover?"

I had to leave by 8:30am and the garbage was still not picked up. A return trip was required. I figured I'd go back after my photo gig at High Fidelity HDTV, between the drop off off equipment at home and the pick up of equipment from Vistek for Sunday's fashion shoot.


Hartley at High Fidelity HDTV

When I showed up, I think it was around 4:00pm. The green bins had already been moved back. I brought the garbage can back to it's resting position on the porch. Then I went inside to check on the cats.

Some guy was already in the house. I didn't recognize the name. He wasn't on the "Team" list. He identified himself as being a friend of Rick's and then showed a picture of him on Rick's refrigerator.

The renting of equipment took a long time. I was waiting for 40 minutes for them to put together the four studio flashes with softboxes. It came in three bags about the same mass as that of a dead body. Why do they make bags so cumbersome that they're too big to walk with them comfortably?

Once I got home I dropped off all the stuff then went over to Emmanuel's to watch Groundhog Day and drop off my portable drive so he could backup his laptop.

Happy Groundhog Day!

No comments: