Friday, February 09, 2007

The Humbert Files - Day Eight and Nine


Humbert eats after being injected

I'm writing this blog entry from Rick and Sabrina's place. I've jacked into their network and am using their internet (Bwaa haa haa!). Today is the last of my Humbert/Quilty tour of doodie. Speaking of which I've placed the bag of cat litter I bought next to Alan's box of cat litter downstairs.

After injecting Humbert, feeding both cats and taking pictures of them (to prove that they're still alive for their owners living it up in Paris, France), I did a walk through the house to see if all the water bowls were full. The cats have water bowls in a few rooms and in the bathroom. Something I've noticed while opening and closing the curtains each day.


Quilty looks outside


Quilty's jump on the window ledge gets Humbert's attention


That's not cookie dough, It's cat gak.

While looking for the spare room to sleep I noticed this little surprise next to the bed in the main bedroom. Judging by the specimen's lack of hydration I would say it's been there since the weekend. The cats seem to be both very alert and doing well today. I deducing that the cat gak would have been left when Humbert was observed to being wobbly a few days ago.


Humbert greets me in the evening

I left the cats to go do afternoon errands and pack. I'll be flying out to London today, which is why I'm at Rick and Sabrina's this late. The idea is to give Humbert his last shot just before I leave. I'm meeting up with Andrew, the fashion designer, at 5am. From his place we're dropping off his car at Josie's and from Josie's we're going to the airport to leave on the Air Canada flight AC868 at 8:50am.


Leanna enjoys Pho88

I invited Leanna over for dinner. We went to Pho88 located down the street from cat central then came back to watch "Employee of the Month" on DVD. By the way, Rick/Sabrina, I've left the DVD next to your TV remote controls on the coffe table. I'll pick it up when I get back and return your keys. Feel free to watch it.

It's now just getting to 4am. In about 15 minutes I'll be phoning Andrew to make sure he's awake. I'll then give Humbert the last injection and the next blog entry should be from London. Air Canada has changed the on board luggage policy to only one carry on thing. It coincides with the policy at Heathrow (BAA).

The flight is seven hours approximately and since the time zone difference is five hours ahead of us I should be checked in by 10pm (London time).

No comments: