Tuesday, November 13, 2007

The People that you meet when you're walking down the street


Orrail shoots candid photos of people walking by

Now over eight weeks since I've gotten a hair cut, my hair had taken on shrub like characteristics. Imagine the results from putting a finger into an electrical socket and you'll be close. My hair grows out and not down, defying gravity and any style sense. With a bit of styling I could be made to look like an anime (Japanese cartoon) character. Maybe something out of Star Blazers or Battle of the Planets (AKA G-Force or Gatchaman)

I noticed the doo this morning when I woke up. It looked like it had grown outward exponentially over night. It would make Don King look like he had a crew cut. If my hair were frizzy I would blend right in with the 60s and the Jackson 5 look. Yikes!

Today would be the day to put a stop to all the crazy hair madness. Plus the hair was trapping the heat from my head on my head. In turn this phenomena made me feel lethargic. Today was the day I was going to put a stop to it. Today would be the day I went to see John the barber.

After getting my doo done I headed toward downtown and bumped into a friend I hadn't seen in years. I think the last time I saw him was bumping into him at a small Mr. Greek express restaurant just before seeing Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow.

Orrail was standing on the corner taking photos of people walking by trying out a new lens. He was always a shutterbug and seeing him in his environment was contagious. I wanted to take photos too. That's not a big stretch granted by it was of the subject matter. People walking by or their bicycles, driving by in their cars. It was all interesting in a photographer kind of way.


Roger and Adeem at Monster Records

Eventually I made my way down to Monster Records.

No comments: