Saturday, February 06, 2010

Open Your Art to Haiti


Katarzyna at Jimmy's Coffee

On display at Jimmy's coffee (107 Portland street) a bunch of artwork was on display. Donated by artists to be sold in silent auction style with the funds going to help the relief effort in Haiti.

Up until this event, I'd never heard of Jimmy's coffee. I don't drink coffee. But I do eat those little things that go with coffee. See in photo, there's cakes and tarts and things. As the coffee shop was packed and I didn't know many people when I got there I found myself standing in front of the cake display checking out the goods.

I broke down a couple of times and bought a twinkie like thing, a cake thing, and some other kind of baked good. Eventually people started to pour in, people I knew. The distraction from the food was easier with conversation.



At 8:30pm it was time to go.

No comments: