Sunday, February 26, 2006

Cold cold cold


Cold? Yes it is!

For whatever reason, perhaps to get the most out of my bus ticket to and from Hamilton, I dragged Craig and Nanook to various parts of Hamilton on a shooting binge. That is I was doing the shooting, Craig and the dog were freezing standing around while waiting for me.

We were down near the Hamilton docks, I didn't even know Hamilton had a boat dock, where I spied the trees in the picture above with frozen icicles that were created by the splashing waves of water. Craig noticed some ducks swimming around. It made us consider the question how ducks keep from freezing while swimiming around? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?


Exhaust from some industrial factories.

How the ducks were fending off the cold remained unanswered. As a human standing on the docks I came to the conclusion that it really wasn't very pleasant. My hand froze everytime I took it out of my glove to press the shutter release button on my camera.

We left the water front and did a quick trip to the beer factory and it's industrial looking structure. Once at the foot of the building we couldn't see any of the "industrial" part. I didn't see anything worth shooting so we packed up and drove back to the bus station where bought a ticket and headed back to warm Toronto.

No comments: