Thursday, January 17, 2008

Do the Nikon Shuffle


Looking at the GPS in Mark Hindle's car as we drive up to Nikon

I got a lift from a friend and fellow playback operator, Mark Hindle, to travel out to Nikon (yet again). The reason? To get my repaired 70-200mm f2.8 lens. The cost? $387.00. While not as cheap as getting the damaged 28-70mm f2.8 lens fixed it was still nice to put it on the camera body and try it out.

It was like new. The circuit board had been replaced. I'm thinking it probably took some damage while going through customs back in February last year. Over the course of the year it seemed to be less responsive when focusing in automatic mode. Today the lens operated amazingly. I felt like it was Christmas. Hurray you Nikon repair folk you!!!

Actually it's getting pretty bad as the guy behind the counter knows me by name. I think I mentioned this before. The only bummer about going to Nikon today was about 30 minutes after I got home I got a call from the Nikon parts department saying that my HB-19 (lens hood for the 28-70mm) had arrived. D'oh! Looks like another trip in the very near future.

No comments: