Woke up this morning and realized I had the ingredients for making one of my favourite sandwiches, The B.L.T. Where B is for bacon not bread (I saw this in a movie or TV show somewhere; the B for bread).
It's a rare time when I have tomatoes sitting around... anyhoo... Here is how to make my sandwich "properly".
- bread slices x 2
- bacon lots of it (at least four times the surface area of the bread, bacon shrinks when cooked)
- lettuce (fresh and crispy, the iceberg kind - yes probably zero nutritional value but yay in the crunch department)
- mayonnaise (personally I like Miracle Whip but that's me)
- place bacon in pan, cook on stove (medium heat until crispy, must be crispy but not black)
- once cooked place bacon on paper towel on a plate to dry and lose some of the fatty oil.
- toast bread slices (in toaster or non bacon greasy pan)
- place a toasted bread slice on plate
- place lettuce on bread slice
- slice tomato so you have enough slices to cover lettuce and slice of bread.
- add mayonnaise
- add bacon
- place other toasted slice on top... viola!
Do not let sit. Serve and eat. It's important to have the bread be dry and crunchy.