Thursday, September 08, 2005

Space Invaders


Space Invaders - the peg board

Wednesday night/Thursday morning. Another night that I'm exhausted yet can't get to sleep thanks to the waves of pain generated by the wisdom tooth that decided to grow into my mouth maybe 18 years or so late. Who would have thought that I'd be happy to know that I'll be visiting my dentist tomorrow? Pull it or plug it.

Procrastinating from doing a breakdown on a script, which by the way is due tomorrow afternoon, I decided to work on something less brain taxing. That being assembling a peg board I picked up a few days ago, the same day I picked up the Micronauts.

At the Silver Snail they had a few different peg kits. Made in Japan by some company (see box above) all the kits seem to be designed around creating graphics from various 70s and 80s video games. Super Mario, Space Invaders, Pac-Man, Dig Dug to name a few. The later one I almost bought as I've always liked that game for some reason. I'm not sure why. Maybe because the characters are round or maybe inflating them till they blew up seemed cool. I really don't know. In the end it was the space invaders kit.

The kit contains 520 square pegs (100 pink, 110 yellow, 100 blue, 100 green, 110 red), two peg grids, two stands, and two plastic squares that let you attach the grids together. The pegs are designed so that you can't put a square peg in crooked (the holes are actually round). For more information you can click here to go to the japanese web site.

It's now about 6:23am. I'm going to try to go to sleep.

No comments: