Thursday, August 21, 2008

As good as Gold


Darryl with some vinyl

There are some days where one goes where one is lead. Kind of like the way water flows through a valley. Water doesn't think about it. It just makes it's way from one end of the valley to the other, passing whatever obstacles in it's way. Kind of like autopilot. I suppose that's what today was like for me.

A few days ago Darryl had the idea of shooting a film. At the time, my schedule was free so I said "Sure. I'm free t help out". It wasn't until later on that I realized I didn't ask about what the film was about, where it was being shot, what time it was being shot, or how long I would be required. An anxiety started to build in my gut.

I suppose if you do enough of these things you can pat yourself on the back and tell yourself what a good friend you are for helping someone out. It kind of helps deaden the thoughts of "Oh Gawd! I can't believe I'm volunteering to do more last minute stuff.". Especially when I could be sleeping.

At least this is what I was thinking at 8:30am when I was looking at my alarm clock for the sixth time after pressing the snooze button five times. By the end of the day I thought differently. I actually had fun listening to old 80s records, setting up lights, helping compose the video camera shots, being a dolly grip and shooting stills of half naked girls.

The morale of this blog entry... "Get your ass out of bed and out of your dwelling. Go forth into the world. There's a lot of interesting things to see."

No comments: