Saturday, August 20, 2005

The house that Ian built


Ian Britton standing behind a 4 ton bin containing lathe and plaster.

8:30am I dragged by tired body over to Ian's place for 9am. Although I didn't really know it at the time I told him I'd helpout with the demolition of two rooms. Translation: carrying a lot of plaster and broken pieces of wood from the second floor to downstairs into the big metal dumpster. I wasn't too bad as I didn't really have to stay in any one room too long to breathe in all the dust flying around.

We had face masks which near the end of the day didn't really help much. They got moist from breathing out and the water clogged whatever material you could breathe through. In hindsight I should have gotten two of them and switched between them half way into the day.

There were five of us altogether. We made pretty good time finishing around 5pm.

No comments: