Wednesday, August 17, 2005

I scream, you scream, we all scream for...


Ice cream art show opening night

In a weird turn of events my playback job got cancelled at the last minute via a phone call and a few minutes later I got another phone call to go to an art show opening with an ice cream theme at an organic ice cream store in Kensington Market. The art show consisted of a number of illustrations by various artists some of whom Emmanuel Lopez knew and some that he didn't. I knew none of them but later on bumped into Derek Rogers, a guy that I keep bumping into at dessert shops just before he heads off to another province for work. Odd that.

My first pass at the organic ice cream counter ended up with me getting a flavor called "chocolate ginger chocolate chip". The second pass was "chai". Both ice cream flavors were odd in that they were spicy, giving a low burning sensation in your month. Odd, yet highly addictive. If you're in the area definately check this ice cream store out.

The store was packed with people trying to look at the art work on the tiny exposed wall. Some were ordering ice cream and the rest were lining up for free margarita slushies (which were pretty good I might add). While getting the slight buzz from downing the slushie I noticed that a lot of "art people" look similar. Why was that? The black clothes, the black framed square glasses, the tiny wire framed glasses, the bohemian look, the noticable frizzy hair caused by using biodegradable soap. I'm not sure. I'll have to do more research on this in the future.

No comments: