"Don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry."
No, it's not Roger of Monster Records turning into the Hulk or even a greenish slug. It's the huge Green Lantern figure collection which has become available to buy at Monster Records. For those of you that are in the dark so to speak let me shed a little green light on the subject.
- The original Earth Green Lantern, known as Hal Jordan, inherited his powers from Abin Sur. Dying, Abin Sur used his ring to seek out Hal. By wearing the ring Hal gets all the cool powers of the Green Lantern. There was the golden age Green Lantern Alan Scott but for this blog we'll ignore him.
- The ring's power will only last for a 24 hour time span. It must then be recharged using a Green Lantern. Coincidence? I think not.
- While charging up the ring the Green Lantern recites the famous Green Lantern motto. "In the brightest day, in the darkest night, no evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil's might, beware my power - Green Lantern's light." (showcase presents #24 - ed)
- The Green Lantern's power does not work on things that are yellow.
- Hal Jordan is just one of the Green Lantern Corps. The Green Lantern Corps are like intergalactic police.
- The Green Lantern sector in which Earth is located is sector 2814.
I never grew up with the Green Lantern. I was always into the Marvel universe. The Green Lantern Corps sound a lot like not only the Lensmen series but also the Alien Legion.
Alien Legion was a comic put out by a Marvel spin off company if my memory serves me correctly.
So a giant banana could win against him?
Only if the banana was ripe. It could be a small banana.
Post a Comment