The Pea - early stages
Wow hoo! The pea seed I planted about a week ago (and forgotten) has actually made it's way out of the ground. As most of you know I'm not very good with plants which is why this plant growing is so amazing.
- Peas aka pisum sativum or green beans are actually not a vegetable. They are a legume which are fruit.
- Peas like to grow in cool and moist environments.
- Pea pods that are over ripe will look dull whereas ripe pea pods will look shiny.
- Peas contain vitamins A, B1 and C.
- upon mass consumption peas can make males less fertile. They contain estrogenic material.
- ironically, consumption of peas is good against prostate cancer.
Post a Comment