Thursday, October 09, 2008

In Other News...


A photo I shot sneaks onto the front page of the Star.

I was surprised to read an email saying that a photo of mine was on the front page of today's Toronto Star newspaper. The email wasn't specific and I just thought it might be some derby thing I had shot that the newspaper had appropriated some how. My brain was curious as to what the photo was of.

Turns out it was a photo of Nigel. I forgot about the whole election thing coming up and the fact that I took a picture of a candidate was something that wasn't on my mind at all. After all when you shoot someone in your backyard you don't really think of where the photo might end up, let alone on the front of a newspaper. But there is was. Wow.


It's Nigel, one of the GTA candidates

2 comments:

Emmanuel Lopez - Motivatorman said...

Way to go Derek!

Front page of Star is amazing!

Emmanuel
Motivatorman

Zap Brannigan said...

I THOUGHT that photo looked familiar. Congratulations! Did he win?