Sunday, May 01, 2005

Work work work


Darryl cycling next to a streetcar I happen to be on.

What day is it again? Oh yes Saturday, the end of a pay period or work week. I've been putting in long hours at work the last week resulting in being tired and a being a little unhappy. Mainly because I've been missing things going on at night. The Scandalvavia band that played last night, the free food and model shindig, the comic book convention, the play on one of my friends will be in tomorrow night.No one said working this particular project would be a breeze and with this wednesday as a deadline it'll probably get worse. The money is good and I suppose that's something. But where do you draw the line?

Today Darryl and I left work at midnight. Tired, exhausted, we walked over to a Tim Hortons on the way home, ordered a couple of bagels with cream cheese and continued on our way. That's probably the second most exciting thing I've done after work all week. The first thing being dinner with Kiri, Laer and Darryl on Thursday. Whatever happened to making more time with friends (see previous blog) and myself?

Days blur into one another, time passes, but nothing gets done. I haven't been able to hit a food store in almost two weeks. My fridge is empty (or things are starting to turn into alien beings) and I'm out of garbage bags and more importantly toilet paper. It's amazing what can be taken for granted. I can just hear my friend John saying "Wah wah wah". So looking on the up side there are a lot worse things that I could be experiencing now and I do have my health. The job only lasts another four days and when I'm unemployed again I'll probably be asking myself why I've got nothing to do with so much time on my hands.

It's now quarter to three. I've got to get up to be at work for 8am tomorrow. Bye for now...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Any word on the potential job you spoke about last week?