Saturday, September 02, 2006

Killing Time


"Rebel Scum!"

In order to kill some time between Dim Sum at the Harborfront and Leona's birthday at Pauper's pub I dragged Marc down to the FanExpo. I wanted to see if Shatner and Nimoy had done their talk and if not when they were scheduled to do so.

The Expo took place in the bowels of the convention centre this year. Flights of escalators down, past the CN Tower, into what could have been a missile silo at one time (if Canada owned missiles). A large concrete bunker with large rooms and no windows.

There were some guys (fans?) dressed up with some serious costumes of Darth Vader, Bobba Fett, a black storm tropper, and possibly Uncle Owen or Anikin Skywalker. We weren't too sure but he did sport a small baby. Usually when looking at fans dressed up as their favorite movie/TV/comic character the clothes always look like they don't really fit that well. Not enough starch perhaps? I guess over the years people have put more effort into the custom making. These Star Wars fans did a great job.


Marc's brand new apartment

Then off to Marc's new apartment. Yes this is world news people. A first glimpse into his living room as he tries to figure out the sound system. Luckily for him I was there with all my playback experience to help him find the sound button on the remote control.


It's subway commuter Anna-Lea.

After watching "the Island", which by the way wasn't too shabby a film (3/4 bagel), I made my way over to bathurst station and the Pauper's Pub. That's where I bumped into Anna-Lea (see above). What a small world.

1 comment:

Wade Marshall said...

I saw The Island on a plane and it was good. Then again, I enjoy movies on planes way more than in theatres.

I think it's all about expectations...you just expect the movie on the plane to be crappy.

For instance, the last movie I saw on the plane was RV w/ Robin Williams. On the plane it was the funniest thing since a K-Fed performance......but I know it would've been a different story if I paid $14 to see it.