Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Trying to Relax at Starbucks


Visitor at Starbucks

Gads, today was one of those days where money was spent left, right and centre. For some reason last night while going over the checklist for the "big" trip I noticed the p-2000 stopped working with the battery. What the hell! As it's an integral part of the equipment required and there not being enough days to get it fixed (as I leave Saturday) I had to buy a new one. Renting a new unit would cost just as much it turns out.

Enter the P-4000. Basically the same but with a 80 gig drive instead of a 40. The only good thing to come out of it was that Epson has a rebate offer on it for a big $50. woo woo. :-/ After dropping the load of cash and getting some stuff from mountain equipment co-op and CCBC (some Canada flag stickers and some blank dual layered DVDs) I decided drop in at Starbucks. I have a card that I received from the Photoslave event way back when. So the idea was to not spend anymore money, sit on a patio outside to drink something fattening, and try not to think about the financial drain of th day.

I got a Coconut banana frappacino, went outside, sat down, starting drinking and getting into a more relaxed mode. That's when it started to rain. I suppose the good news is that I found out before the trip that the p-2000 was defective.

No comments: