Friday, October 05, 2007

Savouring at the Stem


A nice photo for a desktop background?

It had been a while since I last saw Emmanuel or for that matter ate food at the Stem. The two seem to go hand in hand. Visit Emmanuel, eat comfort food at the Stem. Since we both have freelance schedules it's great to meet during the day, sit near the front window, eat, and watch people hurrying around doing work related stuff outside. It's almost like we're in a nice comfy bubble separated from all the crazy goings on in the rest of the world.

"I love work. I can watch people work all day." - unknown (some guy)

There have been times that I've gotten up at 5am and wandered around the streets downtown or sat on a park bench somewhere waiting to watch people rush off to work. People scurrying around holding cups of coffee, pulling cases on wheels, carrying briefcases, holding a stack of papers, trying to eat and run, all trying to get from point A to B before nine o'clock. I appreciate that I don't have that life style on a regular basis. Plus it makes for some great photos.


A smashed TTC shelter near where I live


Emmanuel with big hair


Emmanuel and I at the Stem on Queen street


A backlog of streetcars

No comments: