Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Cold Apartment, Hot Chocolate, Bathroom Tiles


It's 5:00am. My apartment is freezing. I'm actually just getting up as opposed to being up all night. I wasn't really physically active yesterday but I had a five hour meeting that went from 3pm to 5pm. It wiped me out. I went to sleep at 10:30pm (which is really early for me). As a result I woke up at 3:30am. Lingered in bed for about an hour and a half and eventually decided to get out of bed to work on some notes based on yesterdays meeting.

According to my cheapo thermometer it's about 18C (around 68F - the thermometer is not very accurate). To keep warm while working on the computer I've wrapped myself in a blanket and armed myself with a hot chocolate. The only things sticking out are my face and a hand for the mouse. I feel like a hamster (if a hamster were to use a mouse).

Is it just me or do other people think that bathroom tiles should be made of some other substance other than plastic or ceramics that can retain heat as well as be waterproof. I suppose that's what bathroom rugs are for. Only thing is when the rug gets wet you get swamp land. Maybe there's some kind of foam that works like a diaper. Sounds like a job for NASA.

No comments: