Thursday, August 23, 2007

Things you notice early in the morning


The new packaging of lifesavers holds more than the older one.

I didn't get any sleep last night. I have been on the X-shift1 all this week and had to flip it around in order to get to work for 10:30 am. For me to do that, I had to wake up at 7:30am, get dressed/shower, ride the TTC to Kipling and from there take a twenty dollar cab ride to the ReGenesis studios.

I had originally got into bed with that intention at 11:30pm. The hours ticked by. I found myself looking up at the ceiling not being able to fall asleep. My brain was going crazy trying to figure out what was going on with this girl. A received a bunch of emails that seemed out of character. Having no voice I couldn't phone her. This laryngitis thing is really getting to me. I emailed her back. But with email the person will get to it when they get to it.

1:00 am. I decided I couldn't sleep so I got up to watch an episode of the Rockford files. 2:00 am. Trying to get to sleep. 3 am. Still looking at the ceiling. At around 5:00am it didn't look like I was going to get any sleep so I stayed up for the rest of the morning. I wasn't looking forward to going to work but I thought maybe I could catch a couple of "Z"s on the subway.

On the way to work I purchased a roll of lifesavers to add to my stash in my camera bag. That's when I noticed the new one was larger than the old one. I never got a chance to go to sleep as I had to stand on train for most of the way.

to be continued...

1 X-shift - years ago I worked on the X-Shift while coloring in McHale's Navy. It was a shift that started at midnight and went until 8am.

No comments: