Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Veggie Lunch


Bo De Duyen, the veggie restaurant on the second floor.

For lunch today I met up with Ted at a vegetarian restaurant on the west side of Spadina just south of Dundas. It's a place I had been introduced to by Darryl a few months ago, weeks ago, not too long ago. I have been hooked on the "Beef Brisket on Rice" dish ever since. Being a veggie restaurant the "Beef" is actually some kind of fake meat made up of tofu or some other textured vegetable protein.

When introducing vegetarian dishes to non-vegetarians I usually try to say something like this, "It's not a meat replacement, it's just different food that tastes good.". Of course there are vegetarian dishes that taste gawd awful but I don't usually recommend those unless there's some proven medicinal value.


Ted hides his badly lit eyes behind cool looking shades


Ted notices the backwards character in Chinese.


The tourist photo.

No comments: