Thursday, January 25, 2007

Dentist Fun


Dave, post dental work

Today's fun was to accompany my cousin Dave to the dentist. They were going to extract his wisdom teeth and had to gas him. In order to do the operation someone was required to be available to take Dave home afterwards. That someone was me.

While waiting in the waiting room (go figure) we noticed a girl wobble out of the operation room to try to get her coat. Her mother, I think it was her mother, had to catch her as she lost balance. I wondered if I'd have to prop Dave up after his operation. When someone faints it's actually good to let them lie on the ground so blood can get to their head. That doesn't mean I'd let Dave drop like a sack of potatoes (where does that line come from?) but it would mean that I'd let him sprawl out over the office floor and I'd make sure his head was in a position so he didn't choke on his gob if it got to that.

Unfortunately when Dave got out of the operation they let him lie down in a small cot before letting him go. No embarrassing pictures of him drooling this time round. Oh well. After dropping him off at home I ended up walking down to the nearby Home Depot to look at shelves. To get there I walked over a train bridge.

The sun was going down, the air was crisp, I think Dave said it was -7 degrees C. It was probably colder. At least it felt like it.


Sun setting looking off the train bridge

2 comments:

Zee said...

You have relatives that still talk to you?

BagelHot said...

As long as they don't have gauss in their mouth.